
A few of the kids watch the carpet guys at work.

Yes. It's red. I chose red. That's why I'm pacing.
And yes. We need to edge the lawn.

Action shot! Not very thrilling as far as carpet news goes... But you can see very clearly on that stairwell wall facing forward what happens when you touch up a non-Signature base paint with a Signature base paint. :) Repainting our downstairs main living area
is on the to-do list.
2 comments:
Did I miss the paint resolution? I thought all your paint was non-Signature based, so I would have thought it would match...
Oops. Nope - you're absolutely correct. Now that you mention it - I don't think we ever actually blogged about the paint mix-up in the living room.
Here's the story in brief: We painted our living room downstairs in Valspar American Tradition base paint way back before the room was entirely done just to pretend we had a finished living room. Later - contractor crew #1 came in and installed our trim and baseboards and we also repaired the poorly cut sheetrock around light switches and receptacles.
Next we hired contractor crew #2 to paint our upstairs which included a hallway which includes a wall which continues down the stairs meaning we needed the same color up there as in the living room. We sent them to Lowe's for the paint with instructions to have the color mixed in Valspar Ultra Premium base as A.T. was discontinued and we were informed that V.U.P. was equivalent.
Fast-forward to just before last Christmas when we decided to touch up around the trim, baseboards, outlets, and light switches... We used the paint leftover from contractor crew #2. That's when we found out that they had the paint mixed in a Signature base -- despite our instructions otherwise -- because the paint chip we sent them with was a Signature color (therefore, we must have been mistaken...).
So now we will be forced to break our non-Signature base tradition and repaint our downstairs to match upstairs... mostly because contractor crew #2 purchased at least 8 gallons of paint over what was actually needed. Ugh.
Oh - and I have to be really honest here... Any of the walls I've textured have been done with Signature paints too.
Post a Comment