Things are moving rather slowly for several reasons. First, we were interrupted by a couple of birthdays, a bulging water tank, and an evacuation. Second, we are feeling a wee bit of burn out as of late. Finally, money - or, more accurately, a lack of money.
We never did get around to fully furnishing or decorating William's room - and there's no telling when we will get around to it now. He's happy enough with it for the moment... And we dream of someday when we'll have the time and motivation to tackle those little nagging projects like light fixtures and built-ins.
Tired of sharing a room with George, William moved in a few weeks ago.
I did finally get to put up the super-duper shade I bought from blinds.com over three years ago.
Of course now from the outside of the house everything is off balance since William's dormer is nicely shaded and George's next door is completely bare. I just try not to look up when I'm up front lest I get dizzy and fall over.
Of course now from the outside of the house everything is off balance since William's dormer is nicely shaded and George's next door is completely bare. I just try not to look up when I'm up front lest I get dizzy and fall over.
Super duper shade. It looks a little lonely. I believe it craves the company of some drapes - but it will have to tough it out a while longer.
And then there's the upstairs bathroom. Ooooh upstairs bathroom - where did we go wrong? It's been one month since we started laying out the tile for the bathroom floor... Just today we managed to pre-cut the last of the tiles and we're ready for some sloppy mortar fun. Home improvement project advice: Never, ever utter the words "It'll be easy" before starting a project. We really weren't expecting so much trouble with fitting these tiles - but I don't think we had fully considered the implications of laying out 18" tiles in a small space. Not only that but we wasted a few days fighting a losing battle with a cheap-o tile cutter before giving in to the sloppy, pasty, wet mess of a tile saw. As usual - we started getting the hang of the entire process somewhere around the second-to-the-last tile to be cut.
Hammer-flinging moment of the day: Discovering a missed piece of painter's tape along the doorframe in the tub area that took an ugly strip of paint and primer with it when it was removed.
I guess we did need that extra gallon of paint afterall.
Hammer-flinging moment of the day: Discovering a missed piece of painter's tape along the doorframe in the tub area that took an ugly strip of paint and primer with it when it was removed.
I guess we did need that extra gallon of paint afterall.
No promises as far as working on the floor tomorrow (see above concerning burn-out) - but you never know.
3 comments:
I like the window blind! Where did you find such lovely? Please do tell!
http://www.blinds.com/control/product/productID,8282
You can choose color, trim, hem style, and even add a fringe.. Totally customizable - really really nice... Wish you could see how pretty the fabric of it is in person.
Oops.. That's the wrong one.. I think it was this one - fabric not vinyl!
http://www.blinds.com/control/product/productID,8283
Post a Comment