Monday, June 23, 2008

Text only

Our weather has definitely been back to normal this summer... Apocalyptic thunderstorms erupt out of nowhere once.. sometimes twice.. per day - just as the heat becomes borderline unbearable. I've been really happy about this admittedly violent occurrence as it calls to mind the summers of my childhood when everyone knew that any outdoor plans made would have to include at least one rain-soaked intermission.

As a testament to the fact that it has been a while since we've enjoyed this regular weather pattern... Dave and I left the windows down in the Suburban when we were visiting with Mom this past weekend. By the time we noticed the downpour - everything inside the car had been adequately drenched. (What is it with us and water damage anyway??) Unfortunately, my digital camera was part of that 'everything' inside the car... Right there on the front seat...

I would post a picture of the dead camera for effect, but.....

Goodbye, dead digital camera. Things will be a lot less colorful around here for a while. You will be sorely missed.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh dear... poor camera (and poor car). I wonder if they make waterproof digital cameras??? :-)

Unknown said...

If anyone needs a waterproof camera - I sure do!! :D I think it would have been okay if I had been a good camera owner and kept it in a case.... Oops. The amount of paint, sheetrock mud, and who-knows-what-else on that camera was just shameful. Next camera I'm promising to buy and actually use a case. :)