
Work started at 5:00 am this morning on the roof. The first section of the roof has been torn off and thrown on the ground. We're not too thrilled with the level of care taken (or not) with protecting our landscaping at this point... but hopefully this will improve in the future.
Camera batteries are dead and charging -- more pictures to come later.
Camera batteries are dead and charging -- more pictures to come later.
4 comments:
I've seen roofers use tarps or drop cloths over landscaping to protect it. When I redid our roof years ago, I didn't bother because there wasn't any landscaping to bother protecting :-) But most pros I've seen do something, either find a safe spot, use a chute, or use tarps/drop cloths.
Hey Gene! You know that's just it -- when we talked to these guys initially they specifically told me they would use a chute to protect the landscaping... So I was really surprised to wake up to find shingles and tar paper all over the place.
A tarp or two would help at least. I think I'll ask Dave if maybe we could cover some of our most precious landscape plants - just in case. I'd hate to have to regrow everything from the ground.. AGAIN. :)
One thing to be careful about with tarps, is that plants underneath them can quickly be heat damaged. That happened when my house was being stained.
Oh shoot. I didn't think of that either... Thanks for the save. With the heat index at 105 tomorrow it wouldn't take long to do more damage than the shingles could ever do...
Post a Comment