Mom had blogged about this one back in 2007 as well. Of course that article is gone as well -- but it outlined a four-year repaving plan for Pascagoula's city streets. I don't think our neighborhood made it into that four-year plan. At least... now I hope not - for this wonder of municipal beautification appeared directly in front of our house sometime yesterday:
Yes - our concrete slab streets are in bad shape... Just driving around the block out here is something like the kiddie-rides at Disneyworld. The enormous amount of water back in 2005 took the sand and clay right out from under our roads and dumped it somewhere in the bayou, I think. But, still, I fail to see how anyone could think that patching cement streets with asphalt would be a good idea. So much for curb appeal.
3 comments:
Isn't that nice? They do that a lot up here. It makes me feel like we don't rate anything better. Sigh.
Our thoughts are with you. We had just moved to Baton Rouge a couple weeks before Katrina hit and while, of course, we went through nothing what you did we can sympathize. I don't think the rest of the U.S. realizes how terrible things still are down there. You are heroic for all that you are doing and all that you have been through.
Yeah sandy it's depressing. :( What's even more depressing is that the city probably billed the taxpayers $2000 for that little eyesore.
Post a Comment