What actually happened is if you look closely at that April 5th episode, you may see a piece of art by one Susannah Hart Thomer in the redesign. Yep, Dave's mom is the artist. How's that for your six degrees of separation, huh?
The truly disgraceful part of this story is that none of us actually watched the April 5th episode. Oops. Looks like we've got some rerun-watching in our future.
Local artist's work featured on the HGTV's show 'Save My Bath'
""I directed the producers of HGTV towards Susannah's piece, 'Yellow Days,' because I thought the style, color and size as well as the watercolor medium would be perfect for what they were looking for," notes Borrelli, who runs the gallery and full-service framing center at 8117 Germantown Ave., Chestnut Hill, with wife Suzanne Sheeder.
In the end, the lush watercolor on gesso lilies that Thomer plucked from her stash of originals suited HGTV's "Save My Bath" team just fine. And although she jokes good-naturedly about her orange-accented lemon floral's probable perch - "over the toilet" in the Mount Airy lavatory that's getting the facelift - Thomer happily donated her work to the effort and is "looking forward to seeing how it looks" when the episode airs on an as-yet unscheduled date in 2008. "
1 comment:
How cool is that?! I will have to watch the rerun. I didn't see that episode, either. Sigh.
Post a Comment