Next step for the room: Colorwashing. The texture is subtle and will look something like this test board when complete (I hope).
Now, I shall continue to chronicle the bumps in the road on the way to recovery.....
It rained yesterday. I quickly discovered that the leak that has developed in our North and South windows has not effectively been stopped (at least in the North windows.... I can only make assumptions about South windows until we get a storm from that direction). The dripping water ruined the greeting cards I had so optimistically placed in the kitchen window.
Mid-afternoon it was realized that we'd received no word regarding Dave's Jeep which ended up in the shop Tuesday after not starting in the parking lot of the grocery store (while Dave was picking up William's birthday cake to deliver to the house). When Dave called the shop he was a little irritated - borderline angry - that no one had tried to contact him. Of course, we should have realized that they had indeed tried to call but Dave's cell phone wasn't working.... but let's not go off on that tangent right now. The repair shop was calling to tell Dave that they had lost the keys to his Jeep and had not been able to work on it at all during the week as a result....
Next I realized that I was spending far too much time running to the breaker box resetting a circuit breaker when the lights and monitor in the girls' downstairs room kept going off. On the same circuit -- the entire south side of our Christmas light display. I assumed of course that I had simply overloaded the circuit, but unfortunately the breaker still tripped within 5 minutes of resetting when all of the extra load was removed. Therefore, Dave will be spending some of Friday replacing the circuit breaker as well as the GFCI outlet on our front porch which we just remembered was at least four feet underwater in August 2005. Let's consider the reminder a bright side.

Dave and a breaker box.
Finally, a glance at the ceiling in the girls' room last night left us in a bad mood for bedtime. This was a spot that leaked last during Katrina and was attributed to missing shingles by our insurance company. Apparently, they were wrong.





No comments:
Post a Comment