Sunday, May 6, 2007


Our contractor has some amazing skills. Not least of which is the ability to make us feel guilty for work not being completed.... Or extremely grateful for work done in a bizarre and patchy manner. Therefore, normally I would be extremely irritated that when they left on Thursday after installing cabinet doors randomly throughout the house (incidentally not completing the installation of doors, etc. on any single cabinet) I was told that the other doors and drawer fronts and shelves and shutters were simply not ready and MIGHT be done by next Tuesday... While I was sort of assuming all along that the installation of the doors would be steady starting Thursday. You know - as in... They would come back Friday and install some more... then come in Monday and install some more... And maybe even Tuesday and finish up... But noooo....

He assured me he NEVER would have partially installed the doors like this... yet, he said, since I had insisted that he start installing them on Thursday -- this is what I asked for. Uh.. not quite, eh?

Still -- at least we're a few more doors closer to having this done.. and having this man and his crew out of our lives forever... And hopefully it will all happen soon -- before it gets ugly.

The hutch has a few doors.

Some doors in the kitchen.

The entertainment center is missing only one door now.


To make ourselves feel better we ripped out the old carpet in the gameroom.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Unbelievable ... I am frustrated just looking. What's there is looking good though.