The festival, which lasts through April 22, includes community events throughout Jackson and George counties as a celebration of the arrival of migrating birds as they return from winter nesting sites in South America."
Dave and I and the kids caught the tail end of the festival in Gautier today. Despite all the wind and stuff - Dave, Yvonne, and the boys got to go out for a canoe ride. (Emily & I just waved from the banks...)
Yvonne waits with Dave to get into her canoe with their guide.
Yvonne & Dave finally aboard.
The boys interrupt several thousand times while their guide tries to explain basic boating safety.
The two canoes out in Mary Walker Bayou... That's the Yvonne/Dave canoe out in the distance... The shortest distance between two points is a straight line... Therefore the boys took 5 times as long to get anywhere as they zig-zagged all over the bayou. I was tempted to pay their guide for his trouble when it was over.More about the festival HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment