Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A week of paint

So the long blog silence has been due, in part, to a whole lot of painting going on. Not only did we have at least one person here painting trim for most of the week... but I followed close behind in the afternoons working on touching up the wall paint wherever the trim was complete.


As you can see - the paint in the hallway hasn't been touched up yet...

With trim and touch-up complete in our bedroom and the girls' room - we couldn't resist reinstalling the hardware and putting up window treatments again. They make the rooms look finished even where furniture and decor are still lacking... and suddenly the place is starting to feel 'homey' again.

Our room - with curtains and all the furniture finally pushed back against walls - it's like a different place entirely.

The girls' room - complete with unmade bed. The curtains aren't totally done yet as I plan on adding some organza to lengthen the pink tabtops a bit. (Thanks to Swapna for the really really cute sheers)

Also completed this week: Some handles installed on the laundry room cabinets (some, not all) - and a little rearranging. I moved all of our linens to the linen closet upstairs... and moved all the arts and crafts supplies I had stored in the upstairs linen closet down to the cabinets in the laundry. We also finished taking William's room apart to get it ready to be used as storage during the next phase of repairs upstairs.

Soon.. very soon... I can feel it... We'll have cabinet doors. I'll have to update on that one though...

No comments: