Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Saints update: Well - it looks like the fleur d'lis is out for the bath tile... but I'm really, really proud of our team anyway. (Yes, you read that right - I did say 'our team'. ) You rock. (Reggie Bush is my hero!!!) Thank you for the lift, guys. Can't wait til next season!

_____________________________________________________________________

Tile update: We have yet again changed our minds about the border in the tub surround. Dave found another pretty listello that we are thinking about actually using as a listello rather than a border.... But no decisions have been made yet.

_____________________________________________________________________

MDA update: Just at three months ago we filed an appeal with MDA disputing our total damage estimate of 20%. Quite out of the blue we received a call from "Lawrence" who says he's working with Allied American for MDA and that he needed to schedule a time to come to the house for a re-inspection. He's coming today at 1 pm. This will be the third inspection that we've gotten from Allied American for the grant program...

I'm not sure what good a reinspection will do this late in the game -- considering that we have gotten even more work done than the first two inspections and that it was apparently all the work that we had already gotten done before that did us in as far as a 'percent damage' estimate. However, Lawrence feels it is necessary (i.e. he's getting paid to do this)... and we will oblige him.

I'd love to say I'll have more news to report after 1 pm today when he has finished.. but we all know better than that right? Most likely it will be several more weeks until we hear about any final decisions.

Until then.. back to work...

____________________________________________________________________

Repair update: The crew is expected here at some point today to do something. Everything has slowed down a great deal thanks to our damp and nasty weather lately. Damp and nasty weather makes spray painting trim and cabinet doors impossible. I'm guessing they'll be installing a couple of doors in the laundry room this morning. Pictures of progress to come....

No comments: