Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hurricane Katrina Homeowner Grant Program Update

The title is deceiving... not much to update here but I'll do my best, just the same.

I've noticed a definite upsurge in the number of people ending up on the blog after searching for information about the Katrina Homeowners Grant Program. (We even had a hit on the subject from mortgage giant Fannie Mae -- that really had me scratching my head this morning...) I truly wish we had some first-hand information to give our readers... TRUST ME - I really and truly do.

However, our mailbox has been conspicuously devoid of any letters announcing that we may be getting money -- even Publisher's Clearing House has dropped us from their mailing list apparently.

On the bright side - Dave tells me that he actually spoke with a live human being who did, indeed, receive such a letter and has since completed the closing process. The dark side? (There's always a dark side, kids.) The actual check will be mailed about 14 days after closing. Not dark enough for you? Keep in mind that the check will be made out to both the homeowner and the mortgage company. Depending on your mortgage company and whatever amount of good luck you've racked up lately -- you could still be looking at another long delay while waiting for the mortgage company to put together a plan for your money.

More to come as it's available....

No comments: