Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Bush to Visit Hurricane-Damaged Gulf Coast - Yahoo! News

Bush to Visit Hurricane-Damaged Gulf Coast - Yahoo! News: "Bush was to be updated on the rebuilding effort and tour part of New Orleans on his 10th trip to the region since the Aug. 29 storm. Afterward, he was flying east to view progress in the Biloxi-Gulfport area of Mississippi, another state hit hard by Katrina." (emphasis added)

Hmm.. 'another state hit hard by Katrina'. Where is the AP finding writers these days? First - the article does not say Bush is visiting the state of Louisiana... He is touring part of New Orleans. I suppose this means that New Orleans is a state now. Poor Louisiana.

In the meantime -- I can't help but notice he's going to be viewing the 'rebuilding effort' in New Orleans while viewing the 'progress' in the Biloxi-Gulfport area of Mississippi. I don't even know what it is I'm supposed to draw from that distinction.

No comments: